POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34) : Re: Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34) Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:42:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34)
From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2009 19:17:27
Message: <4adba207$1@news.povray.org>

> Not sure if this has been mentioned before.
>
> When saving a scene while it parses, an access violation exception at
> address 0x030eb9a0 is generated and POV-Ray is shut down. In versions lower
> than 3.7 this only generates a warning. I added the mini dump file.

It apened to me, some times. I can't reproduce it with any certitude. It
looks to me that it depends on the size of the file, the complexity of
the scene, and possibly the number of opened files at the time. The
uptime may also have something to do, as well as the number of renders
done in the current cession.

Alain